- 1. The process of ensuring that the person is who they claim to be.
- 2. A security measure that requires users to prove who they are by providing something they possess.
- 4. A common attack that involves guessing a user's password through repeated attempts.
- 7. A secret key used to encrypt and decrypt messages.
- 9. The entity responsible for issuing digital certificates.
- 11. The practice of continually verifying a user's identity based on their behavior.
- 13. A digital file issued by a Certificate Authority, confirming a website's identity.
- 16. Authentication process that allows users to access multiple applications with one login.
- 3. A method of authentication that involves scanning an individual's unique physical feature.
- 5. Unauthorized access to sensitive data or systems.
- 6. An authentication method that uses physical characteristics for identification.
- 8. An encrypted communication channel between a client and a server.
- 10. A one-time, short-lived code for user verification.
- 12. A measure used to confirm the validity of a digital certificate.
- 14. An authentication system developed by MIT, using symmetric key cryptography.
- 15. A security method that requires multiple parties to authenticate a transaction.